Saturday, May 30, 2020

2000th post

Sorry for the delay. I wanted to have something special to mark my 2000th blog post and, well, this is something a bit different at least.

I captured a sort of video time capsule of the kids. However, even with the delay, we didn't put a lot of time or thought into these and the results are so-so. I also cut out a bunch of footage where the kids attempted to describe their typical day because it just went on too long. But I like this idea of interviewing them and will appreciate having videos like this in my repository one day. Next time I'll ask some harder hitting questions.




Just a few words about hitting 2000 posts (not counting my 338 wordier posts on Midnight Toast)...

This blog was started almost 10 years ago, so I guess I'm averaging around 200 posts a year. The 1000th entry was marked here a little over five years ago. I have slowed down a little, and I predict that trend will continue, frankly, because the pace is difficult to keep up! And having older kids means I'm less willing to get in their faces with a camera. I have to respect their privacy.

But I will continue posting for the foreseeable future. I really like having this visual log of my family life. You would be surprised by how often we look back to see what we were doing on a particular day years ago or what toy somebody got for their birthday, etc. It's our story and it will be interesting to see what the next 10 years bring.

0 comments:

About

Hello, family and friends. I started this blog to post photos and video of our little girl and little boy. If you are interested in having any of these printed, let me know and I can send you some higher resolution images. Thanks for visiting!

Blog Archive

Stat Counter

Back to TOP