Friday, October 28, 2022

My parents' 50th anniversary party

My parents celebrated 50 years of marriage by treating their family to a weekend in Bloomington. We hit the rides at the Mall of America during the day on Friday and then spent a night at The Embassy Suites, including a nice dinner out. I had the filet mignon!

 

The happy couple:


Here are the other couples in attendance:



Photo by Heather:


Ready for some chicken tenders:


With their youngest grandkid (for now!):



As you can expect from my dad, there was a lot of history to cover, quizzes to be taken, and long prayers to read.


They also surprised us with a rendition of Sonny and Cher's "I Got You Babe" (and yes, I do have a clip of it recorded on video).


The sons gave some speeches too:


And here's one more shot with the grandkids. My parents look really happy.


Congrats again on maintaining an amazing relationship. Thanks for including us in a memorable night!

0 comments:

About

Hello, family and friends. I started this blog to post photos and video of our little girl and little boy. If you are interested in having any of these printed, let me know and I can send you some higher resolution images. Thanks for visiting!

Blog Archive

Stat Counter

Back to TOP