Thursday, September 24, 2020

Camp Du Nord, part 2: film

I don't normally use my 35mm camera for family snapshots, but I had this idea to bring it along to Camp Du Nord. It made sense to me to use an analog format during our time away from electronics. (I had my digital camera with too, of course, but there were a few outings where I only brought the 35mm.)

I finished up the existing roll I had in the camera on the first night. These two exposures are fine.


S'more production:


I appreciate the color in those shots more now because...

At Christmas last year, my father-in-law and long-time Four Peas reader (hi, Mike!) gave me a 24-exposure roll of film from an unknown decade that he found in a box somewhere. There was no doubt that it had expired long ago. I knew what I was getting into and that there was a good chance the exposures on it wouldn't turn out. Well, they didn't.

This isn't the first time film has failed me and probably won't be the last. Yet, it was a fun experiment and there is something to be said about the faded, obscured look of the following shots.

This is the only one I got of the family in a canoe:


We paddled to a rocky island on Burntside and explored:


R held onto the canoe because there was nowhere to land it:


That's Omri scrambling on a rock:


Back at the cabin now, Omri is getting some time with the loom:


Veronica can be seen here at the edge of a cliff out front of our cabin:


The quality of this one is slightly better:


I thought this one would have made a good print, but it would have been all about the color and textures that are not at all present here:


Coffee tastes so good in the woods:


This may have been my favorite shot from the roll if it had worked out. You can kind of see the island on the water:


I have a few others as well that were captured better with my iPhone. We'll look at those next time.

0 comments:

About

Hello, family and friends. I started this blog to post photos and video of our little girl and little boy. If you are interested in having any of these printed, let me know and I can send you some higher resolution images. Thanks for visiting!

Blog Archive

Stat Counter

Back to TOP