Saturday, November 10, 2018

Third roll of film

As mentioned earlier, I finally got a roll of film back from development that more or less turned out. A few of the results were out of focus (because it's really hard to focus these old cameras!) and some were just not well taken, but overall I was really impressed with the quality from this old Minolta and can't wait to shoot some more.


Not a great pose or anything, but I like the color and grain and the indescribable film look here:


Again, this isn't a great composition, but I have to give the guy credit for posing for my little camera test:


When I shoot on film, I find myself stopping and really thinking about where the light is coming from more often. This time it was obvious:


I've been posting some of these photos and writing more about them over at my MLMM Instagram account, if you want to read more about my thought process behind them.


I want my state fair submission next year to be on film, mostly to help it stand out a bit, so I'm on the lookout for interesting subjects, ones that tell a story.


The Iron Range has been a good source of material for me, but some of the character is disappearing / being cleaned up. I'm feeling an urgency to get out there and capture it.


I'm learning to love the imperfections that come with film.


Posting my more artistic endeavors on a blog about my kids is a bit of a stretch; I'm still looking for a more appropriate venue. Instagram isn't great either because I think the photos need to be seen larger to be appreciated. It could be a while, mostly due to the approaching winter, before I develop any more film, so I'll use the time to figure something out!

0 comments:

About

Hello, family and friends. I started this blog to post photos and video of our little girl and little boy. If you are interested in having any of these printed, let me know and I can send you some higher resolution images. Thanks for visiting!

Blog Archive

Stat Counter

Back to TOP