Sunday, November 6, 2016

New York City

Raia was out east for a conference last week. The kids and I flew out to meet her in New York for the weekend.

I would love to go on a photo expedition in Manhattan one day... but this was not that trip. Taking photos while tracking two kids around the city is not only difficult but also dangerous. Consider these more as snapshots than fine art.


One World Trade Center:


We met up with some friends for a Halloween Party (not pictured) and a walk around Battery Park.



Breakfast in Chelsea:


In my experience, if anybody in New York tries to talk to you or wants to help you, they just want money. This monk got us the minute we walked into Central Park:


The kids loved climbing the rocks in the park:





Here Veronica is angry at us for not taking her ice skating:


She had to settle for the zoo, where the snow leopards were quite impressive:





Street theater:



I was able to snap three photos in Times Square before a huge downpour. Look at those black clouds! I lost my family for a bit in the confusion. If you zoom in on this shot, you can see Veronica standing on a platform in the middle of it all:


We stayed at a Hilton in the fashion district. It felt great to get out of the rain and warm up with a drink!


The next morning we took a boat ride to Liberty and Ellis islands.


I've been to New York a number of times but had not been up close with the Statue of Liberty, so this was pretty cool.




Running around the statue's pedestal:



Whew! It was an ambitious weekend and the trip didn't end there. Stay tuned.

0 comments:

About

Hello, family and friends. I started this blog to post photos and video of our little girl and little boy. If you are interested in having any of these printed, let me know and I can send you some higher resolution images. Thanks for visiting!

Blog Archive

Stat Counter

Back to TOP