Thursday, September 30, 2021

Movie premiere

Well, that was a fun experience! My new film "The Decisioneer" played in the Eagan Art House Short Film Festival at the Emagine theater in Eagan last weekend. If you remember, this is a project I've been working on--off and on--for about two and a half years. I have mentioned it here and here, as well as a bunch more on Instagram


I will post the final product on this blog eventually, but I want to try to get it into more festivals first. Maybe we can screen it in my basement the next time you visit?

Me in front of the multiplex (photo by R):
  

My laurels:


Here I am with two of the cast members, Rob and Angie, on the (mini) red carpet (photo by R):


Reclining seats in the theater (photo by Angie):


Splash intro produced by the organizers, announcing my film (photo by Angie):


I went on-stage for a Q&A session at the end of the event where I contributed to the discussion about the challenges of shooting during a pandemic and also answered the question "why shoot on film in 2021?"

We didn't win any awards--I'm not sure the audience knew quite what to make of it--but it was sure fun to share my work. I stand by it proudly and think it holds up well to repeat views and a closer examination. This is an art film after all.

I really enjoyed the evening and want to do it again. The deadline for the Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival is approaching. That is kind of the big one around here and, I'll be honest, I really hope I can get in.

0 comments:

About

Hello, family and friends. I started this blog to post photos and video of our little girl and little boy. If you are interested in having any of these printed, let me know and I can send you some higher resolution images. Thanks for visiting!

Blog Archive

Stat Counter

Back to TOP