Sunday, September 19, 2021

Camp Du Nord 2021, part 1

I'm finally getting around to posting about our August trip to Camp Du Nord. If you remember from last year, it is a YMCA family camp located up near Ely, MN. We stayed in a rustic cabin for six nights, attended some organized activities during the days, and had some downtime too. I think we've all been looking back fondly on the experience over the last month. It was a good opportunity to bond as a family and to get away from our normal routines for a while.


These are the photos I took with my Canon, which I didn't always have with me (especially on the water). I'll post iPhone photos next time. 
 

This was our backyard for the week:


Omri did a lot of climbing on rocks. Come to think of it, I always liked doing that as a kid too.


There was much to explore:


I believe she's attempting to test the depth of the drop-off:


We had raw s'mores one night:


This is why we couldn't have campfires... That is the plume of smoke from forest fires in the distance:


The wind was going in the right direction for a nice afternoon at the beach, however:


One of the best parts of the week was just having some time to read:



R and Omri also did some more inkle weaving.


The results were beautiful this year!


Evening entertainment: the Du Nord talent show:


Each morning the kids went off to "age groups" for a couple of hours which was a chance for them to participate in activities with others kids their age...


...and a chance for R and I to go on some hikes on our own. Here we went to the edge of the Boundary Waters:


That's an island on Slim Lake:


One smoky morning I attended a photography class. Here we are practicing our landscape photography:


Omri and I made these little pine cone creatures at the Family Art Center:


Three of us did the Polar Bear Plunge this year. This meant jumping in the lake five mornings in a row at 7:45.


Veronica's private changing room (in the cabinets of the cabin):


Another look at the interior of the cabin:


On the last night, the age groups performed some songs and skits.



It was pretty entertaining!


The beauty of Minnesota:


My people:


More to come!

0 comments:

About

Hello, family and friends. I started this blog to post photos and video of our little girl and little boy. If you are interested in having any of these printed, let me know and I can send you some higher resolution images. Thanks for visiting!

Blog Archive

Stat Counter

Back to TOP