Saturday, November 25, 2023

Thanksgiving 2023

It was a different Thanksgiving for us. V had some surgery done on her ankle the day before. It was a relatively minor operation, but it was enough to keep us home for the holiday. To be honest, I think we were all okay with that, just being so tired from how hectic life has been lately, but of course we missed seeing our parents and sibling's families too.

The boot:


Video chat with R's extended family:


My mother-in-law gave me these fabulous Amarena wild cherries to use as garnish in my Manhattans:


It was a good day, just the four of us. It reminded me of our first Thanksgiving after V was born and, yes, also the COVID year.


We made our own buns and an eggnog pie, but the rest of our meal was take-and-bake from Colossal Cafe. It was tasty and definitely easier than spending the whole day cooking.


Snuggling on the couch for a movie (before and after our meal):


I am thankful to have these three people to make a home with.

0 comments:

About

Hello, family and friends. I started this blog to post photos and video of our little girl and little boy. If you are interested in having any of these printed, let me know and I can send you some higher resolution images. Thanks for visiting!

Blog Archive

Stat Counter

Back to TOP