Friday, July 26, 2024

Winnipeg Folk Fest 2024 - 35mm edition

I'm going to be parsing out some of these photos on my MLMM Instagram account over the next few weeks, but followers of this blog get to see them all together up front. These are the film shots I took in Winnipeg this year. I limited myself to one roll of 36 exposures over the three days of the festival, which really got me to stop and question if a shot was worth taking. Other times, I had to act fast and not over think it. Most of these are photo-journalistic in style and off-topic for a family photo blog, but my Folk Fest coverage would not feel complete without them, so here you go...

 

My biggest challenge with this old, manual camera is getting human eyes in focus. I'm still learning to embrace the technical imperfections. That said, it's hard to take a bad photo of little Alice:


Bonnie Light Horseman:


My favorite shot from the roll:


Palmyra:


The campground:


The bike lot:


Big Blue Stem at golden hour:



My ISO 200 film speed was a little slow for these late-day shots.




Something productive from the 45 minutes I spent waiting in line for a plain hamburger:


Festival sights:


Alice and the cheeseballs:


An older kid at the beach, also indulging in the cheeseball:


Ruth Moody:


Band of Horses:


This is what I'm here for:


Getting a little experimental... This maybe shouldn't make the cut, but I'm starting to like it:


It is challenging to photograph strangers straight-on, in front of them, without their permission, but getting over it can open you up to a whole new world of photography.

0 comments:

About

Hello, family and friends. I started this blog to post photos and video of our little girl and little boy. If you are interested in having any of these printed, let me know and I can send you some higher resolution images. Thanks for visiting!

Blog Archive

Stat Counter

Back to TOP