Sunday, September 17, 2023

Camp Du Nord 2023

We made it back to Du Nord this year! When you go the last week of summer, it ends up being a short week, just Sunday-Thursday, which can be good and bad. We still made the most of it and had a good time.



This was our first year of staying down at Pine Pointe, which is about a mile from the main part of camp. We got a lot of steps in each day walking the "goat trail" that joins the two sections:


But it was worth it because our cabin, Wintergreen, had hot water and a bathroom!


Veronica's time with us was extra short this year. We handed her off to my parents on Tuesday morning, so they could drive her to the Cities for an audition call-back. Here she's giving me a peace out:


About to enjoy a raw s'more:


Omri really likes going to the camp. I can relate to his love of walking on rocks along the water:



Making an inkle weaving with his momma:


This year's colors "red and gold and purple too" were inspired by the song "The Princess Pat":


One night I tried carrying some leftover pie home on the goat trail, and Omri staged and photographed this recreation of my struggles:


The sauna-dip-repeat is always a highlight from the week:


The unfortunate part of having taken a week off earlier in the month (for Alaska) was that I had to work one day from Du Nord. At least Morning Glory lodge makes for a nice office:


Once in a while we'd paddle between Pine Pointe and Du Nord Village instead of walking.


Omri completed the Polar Bear Plunge (jumping in the water at 7:30 every morning) this year!


Counselors in the program on the final night:


Omri has a way of making some new buddies every year.


Here's the skit he performed with his age group (sorry if the audio is a little low):


Super blue moon on our last night:


I didn't have my tripod this year, so this is the best I could do for our family (minus V) shot with short notice, propping my camera up on a rock:

0 comments:

About

Hello, family and friends. I started this blog to post photos and video of our little girl and little boy. If you are interested in having any of these printed, let me know and I can send you some higher resolution images. Thanks for visiting!

Blog Archive

Stat Counter

Back to TOP