Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Eagan Art Block Film Festival 2024

"Waking World" showed at the Eagan Art Block Short Film Festival last weekend, and it was another fantastic night. Veronica, the star of the film, accompanied me. It was her first time watching it because she hasn't been able to bear seeing herself onscreen (and I, honestly, was more nervous about showing it to her than the rest of the sold-out movie theater). Our film is a small-scale production, but it held its own against some, admittedly, more impressive films with much larger casts and crews. We participated in the Q&A afterwards where shared our inspiration behind the film, some of the challenges we faced, and some thoughts about our use of color (that even tied into the red shirts we wore to the festival).


We were the last film of the night:


The audio and video scaled up well in the theater. I was happy with the presentation!


I submitted the film to one other festival (in addition to some others we've already been rejected by) and maybe we'll try for a few more, but getting accepted seems like a long shot. I am starting to get excited to move on and make something new, something potentially bigger.

0 comments:

About

Hello, family and friends. I started this blog to post photos and video of our little girl and little boy. If you are interested in having any of these printed, let me know and I can send you some higher resolution images. Thanks for visiting!

Blog Archive

Stat Counter

Back to TOP