Thursday, July 13, 2023

Winnipeg Folk Fest 2023

Hard to believe it has been four years since our last Winnipeg Folk Festival!

 

We returned last weekend with Grandma Linda and two of our nephews.


It took a few days for us to get back into the rhythm of the festival. The crowd seemed a lot bigger this year.


There were also restrictions on professional-looking cameras. I had to be more careful and did not get nearly as many images of the performers as I would have liked. I also had to deal with some heavy rain the first night.

I did get these pics of KT Tunstall:
 


And these of Fleet Foxes:



It was fun to see the cousins getting along so well:



The weather was cooler than usual, and it really only rained on Thursday evening, so that was a win.


I am a huge fan of EmmyLou Harris's album Wrecking Ball and was thrilled to hear her perform a couple of songs off it.


Gustavo was back in the kids' tent!


Our crew is in there with big smiles:


We stayed back from the festival on Saturday night to take showers and have dinner/s'mores at the campsite.


It stays light out so late around there... these photos of the pajama boys must have been taken around 10pm:


Sunday was my favorite day for music. I was at the sandbox with Omri during most of Faye Webster's main stage set, but I caught her during a workshop in the afternoon:


Vance Joy was a big hit with the crowd (you can see a security guy here making sure nobody was getting up close for photos):


And they saved the best for last... The War On Drugs:


Here's a little video clip I took... This ruled so hard: 


One last shot of the boys from my Canon (I'll put some iPhone shots up in my next post):

0 comments:

About

Hello, family and friends. I started this blog to post photos and video of our little girl and little boy. If you are interested in having any of these printed, let me know and I can send you some higher resolution images. Thanks for visiting!

Blog Archive

Stat Counter

Back to TOP