Sunday, May 5, 2019

Introducing the Canon EOS R

I bought a new camera (the one on the right)!


I've had my Canon 6D for six years now, and while the image quality from it still impresses, focusing systems have come a long way during that time. My new Canon R can recognize faces. Here's one of my first shots taken with it:


Switching to a new camera usually results in a drop in quality at first, and that is true in this case while I learn how to properly use it. I've also had trouble with both my photo and video editing software recognizing the new formats it shoots. I'm still working on being able to edit RAW images again.

I was forced to figure out the video side of things quick because two days after I got the camera, I had one of my biggest shoots yet: capturing an orchestra concert. Here's a rough cut of the two minute version (I'm also working on a 45 minute version and a one minute version), if you'd like to have a look:


Anyway, that's the gear update. Stay tuned for more results with the new camera.

0 comments:

About

Hello, family and friends. I started this blog to post photos and video of our little girl and little boy. If you are interested in having any of these printed, let me know and I can send you some higher resolution images. Thanks for visiting!

Blog Archive

Stat Counter

Back to TOP