Saturday, July 7, 2018

First on film

Well, my first roll of film has been developed and it's pretty much a disaster. For one thing, the back of the camera opened up about halfway through the roll, completely spoiling the second half, so I ended up with 11 images and only four of those were keepers. Out of those four, this is the only shot I really like:


It may look familiar because I took a similar one with my iPhone and already posted it here. It may be more fair to compare the results to my dSLR instead, but the warmness, the range of shadow, and the wonderful grain of the 35mm here sure beats the pixelization on the iPhone 7. (It's more obvious when you zoom into the full quality versions.)

I need to do some more experimenting to figure out why so many of the other exposures didn't turn out. My current theory is that the camera’s automatic mode is faulty. There should have been some real gems in the roll. I’m kicking myself for losing those.

I’m giving it another try... My second roll has been started!

0 comments:

About

Hello, family and friends. I started this blog to post photos and video of our little girl and little boy. If you are interested in having any of these printed, let me know and I can send you some higher resolution images. Thanks for visiting!

Blog Archive

Stat Counter

Back to TOP